Today is watercoloring in resin with distress markers :) Yummy! Anything to do with Spellbinders, Media Mixage bezels and Ice Resin is just yummy. I have a quick and easy tutorial to get you started...
The supply list is at the end of the post.
- Stamp the background with Archival Ink or any waterproof ink. I used black.
- Use the coordinating die with the bezel shape. Choose the part of the stamped image you would like to use int he background of the bezel. Use low tack or removable tape to hold die in place and run through the Grand Calibur Machine.
- Secelct your Distress Markers colors and water brush. Touch the tip of the water brush to the tip of the marker or you can scribble the marker onto a piece of plastic and pick up the ink from there. Transfer the color to your image. Make sure you don't have too much water. I did not use watercolor paper. I used very little water.
- Seal the image very well with clear drying glue. I've shown you two options
- Once the glue is dry you can add crush glass glitter to the project.
Now you are ready to add your resin. I recommend following the package directions. It is so easy to mix and pour. I did my resin in three stages. Each layer you add magnifies the image and the little embellishments inside. It's amazing!!!