Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Sweet Sounds by Penny Black

Hello my stampy friends! Hope all is well!
I am here today to share my newest project for the 
ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE here at 7 KIDS
starting tomorow!



This time there is a twist-It must be spring!
(Don't forget to use a stamp from our store to be eligible to win!)




I just got this new stamp from the 7Kids Store called The Sweet Sounds by Penny Black ! I thought these beautiful bluebirds would be perfect for a spring project. I stamped it onto a Prima WaterColor Tag with black Archival ink. I then stamped it again on regular copy paper and carefully cut it out. I used this as a mask when I made the sun rays. 
I made the sun rays with a stencil called Rays(Tim Holtz) and White Embossing Paste(Wendy Vecchi).   You can color this embossing paste with all kinds of things. (Here is a video of Wendy Vecchi demonstrating how to use her embossing pastes.) I used Sunshine Yellow Alcohol ink to color the paste for the sun. I put a glob of paste on my craft mat, then added the yellow ink and mixed it really well with my spatula.  
I  spread a thin layer of the colored embossing paste over the stencil and let it dry.
After the stenciled area was dry, I pulled the mask off of the bird image, and colored the image with watercolors. The background was colored with Ranger Distress Inks and water.
I added a pink doily and some other details.



Hope you like my tag AND I hope you will join us with our new
ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE starting tomorrow!
You could win a $25 gift certificate to the 7KIDS Store!

Thanks for stopping by!


Stencil: Rays (Tim Holtz)
Water colors (Michael's)


No comments:

Post a Comment