Tuesday, March 3, 2015

FootNotes and Butterflies!

Happy Tuesday! Hope you are all doing well!
I wanted to pop in and share a card that I made using several techniques for the 7Kids Store Blog today.





The background was created with the Vines (Memory Box) stencil and  Crackled Texture Paste. I placed the stencil onto my paper, then spread a thin layer of crackled texture paste over it. I pulled the stencil off, and set the paper aside to dry.
While that was drying, I began working on the butterfly.The butterfly was cut with one of the beautiful Butterflies (Stampendous) dies. I sponged the butterfly die cut with my mini blending tool and Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo Distress inks. I then took the music stamp from the Penny Black FootNotes set, and stamped it on the butterfly. 
When my embossed panel was dry, I started sponging the edges with Tumbled GlassCrushed Olive and Vintage Photo Distress inks. See all the fun texture? 







If you look closely, you can see a couple of vellum doilies that I cut with the beautiful Splendid Circles (Spellbinders) dies. I placed one behind the butterfly and one on top of the butterfly. Sometimes I just want to add lots of textures to my cards! Hope you like my card and will be inspired to try using texture pastes. Tabitha will be adding some texture pastes to the 7KIDS Store soon!!!! Yay!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Items that I used on my card that available at the 7KIDS Store are linked below:

Paper: Neenah Solar White, Vellum (Michael's)
Accessories: Crackled Texture Paste (Dreamworks/Wendy Vecchi); twine; pearl flourishes
                      Flower (Petaloo Botanical)

No comments:

Post a Comment