Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Grand Candy Cane by Memory Box

Happy Tuesday!! Hope everyone is doing well! Just popping in today to share a mixed media card that I made using the Grand Candy Cane Die from Memory Box.




I just love how this turned out!
 I die cut the candy cane 4 times with some cardboard backing that I had from a paper pad. I then die cut 2 more times with a striped designer paper. I glued these all together to make my 2 candy canes. I lightly painted the canes with some watered down Gesso (which I purchased at Michael's) and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink to "age" them a bit. I finished with some Antique Linen Distress glitter around the edges.
For the background, I sponged the edges of the designer paper with Vintage Photo Distress ink and then distressed the edges with my scissors. I stenciled some words from the Christmas (Tim Holtz) stencil with crackled texture paste. After the paste dried, I colored the letters with Festive Berries Distress Ink (Ranger).





Lastly, I added Shabby White and Gold fran-tage, and some Tim Holtz stars.
I tied my candy canes with red crinkle ribbon, twine, and 2 jingle bells. I adhered the bundled candy canes to the background paper and added a glittery sentiment!
Hope you like my mixed media Candy Canes card! I had so much fun making it!


















Don't forget to join our new Anything Goes Challenge starting tomorrow!
You could be a random winner for a $25 7Kids Store gift certificate!

Thanks for stopping by!

Items available at the 7KIDS Store that I used on my card, are linked below:

Frantage: Shabby WhiteShabby Gold (Stampendous)



No comments:

Post a Comment