Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Filigree Foliage by Penny Black

Hello stamping friends! It's time for another ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE at 7KIDS tomorrow!!!!  And our optional theme is Fall Colors.

I decided to use a new Penny Black stamp called Filigree Foliage and make a Thanksgiving card.





Don't you just love that pumpkin in the middle? I saw Mona Pendleton make one of these on her blog and I just loved it! You die cut 3 ovals and paint, ink or stain them to your liking. I used Vintage Photo and Dried Marigold Distress inks to get the pumpkin color. I then painted the ovals with crackle paint and let it dry. Hopefully you can see this in the photo. I then adhere the oval die cuts together in the shape of a pumpkin!
Next, I used the Filigree Foliage stamps and stamped the beautiful leaves onto white watercolor paper with Black Archival Ink. I then painted them with lots of water and watercolors. I coated the leaves with Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.
Next I die cut some different leaves and inked them with Peeled Paint Distress inks and painted with crackle paint.  After everything had dried I assembled my card!


I hope you will join our new Challenge!!!
YOu could win a $25 gift certificate form the 7KIDS store!!!



Thanks for stopping by!
Mackie


Stamp: Filigree Foliage (Penny Black)
Paper: A Perfect Autumn (Carta Bella)
Inks: Black Archival
         Dried Marigold  (Ranger Distress Ink)
         Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
          Peeled Paint (Ranger Distress Ink)
Dies: Large Ovals (Spellbinders)
 Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment