Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Harlequin Stencil by Tim Holtz

Happy Tuesday, my crafty friends!!! 
Mackie here, to host the 7Kids Store blog! 
This card may look simple, but there are several techniques involved, which I thought I would try to share with you below.

First my card:




 Using the Harlequin Stencil(Tim Holtz), I colored a  4 x 51/4 white card stock with Picked Raspberry Distress ink with a mini blending tooland then cut out a circle.



I used the same Harlequin Stencil, and applied a thin layer of white embossing paste on a 4 x 51/4 white card stock. I set it aside and let dry.


I die cut the Lawn Fawn Hello   three times with scraps of card stock. I glued these together to make the word Hello thick like chipboard.  I  "colored" a piece of white card stock with Picked Raspberry ink. Then sprinkled it with water droplets to distress it. I then cut one more Hello out of this piece, which became the the top layer.



Here is a close-up of the details:


Pretty cool, huh?

 I saw a card similar to this one, from one of my favorite bloggers who is SO talented, called Jennifer McGuire. You can see her tutorial hereShe shows 2 ways to make this card. I tried the hardest, but did the easiest. Hey, I tried!!!!!!!
Hope you have enjoyed my card.

Tomorrow is time for another
Please join the fun! We always showcase the Top Three, plus give away a $25 gift certificate to the 7Kids Store, for a lucky random winner.  Everyone loves to shop, right???

Please join in the fun!!



Thanks for stopping by!

Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi)


No comments:

Post a Comment