Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fancy Butterflies by My Favorite Things



Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday!!!
It is my turn to host the 7Kids Store blog today, so I thought I would share a card that I made using a resist technique with embossing and Distress inks.



I started this card by using the Doily (Tim Holtz) stencil. I spread a thin layer of transparent embossing paste on the stencil and let it dry thoroughly. I then softly inked it with Picked RaspberryMustard Seed, and Worn Lipstick Ranger Distress inks with my Mini Blending Tool. The embossed areas resist the distress ink.  Very cool!
On another piece of Neenah white card stock, I used the same stencil, but only used Picked Raspberry distress ink. I cut the butterflies out of this paper, using the Fancy Butterflies (My Favorite Things). Then I inked the edges some more with the Picked Raspberry Distress ink.
Next, I made some flowers with the Tattered Flower Garden (Tim Holtz) die. I used white card stock for these flowers and colored them with the Distress inks.
I made the banner, stamped the sentiment and added some buttons to complete the card!

Now don't forget to join our new Anything Goes Challenge starting tomorrow!


Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment