Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Encouragement Card with Crafty Individuals

Hi everyone! It's Karen here to share my card for the new challenge that begins today at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog! The theme is Anything Goes, but be sure to use products (primarily the stamped image) carried by 7 Kids to be eligible to win a gift certificate to the store! :o)

The DT added a twist to our projects for the challenge: embossing! This is one of my favorite techniques and I couldn't resist doubling up on it! My Crafty Individuals Wild Flowers and Butterflies stamp is heat-embossed, while the cream middle panel is dry embossed.
This is one of my favorite (and go-to) nature stamps! It's so lovely and versatile. I opted for bright and sparkly blue embossing powder, which also includes specks of silver, red, and green. I sponged a sunshiny background with two Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw.
My stamp is layered upon a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis base, which I've accented with a Wild Rose Studio Blossom Burst. Unfortunately my middle panel is a bit (okay, HUGELY) washed out in these pictures, but it is embossed with a lovely pattern and trimmed with one of the gorgeous borders in the Tattered Lace Beloved Borders set. I remain completely enamored with this set! The tiny butterflies are from a punch, which I've covered in Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.

Flutter on over to the Challenge Blog to check out the inspiring embossed creations from my DT sisters! I hope you'll join in the fun, as your work is always a joy to see. :o) Have a blessed and beautiful day!

Products from the 7 Kids College Fund Store:

No comments:

Post a Comment