Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tag Featuring Memory Box Stencil and Dies

Hello, crafty friends! It's Karen here to share my project for the new Anything Goes challenge that begins today at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog! I hope you'll join in the fun, as your creativity inspires us! Be sure to use products (primarily the image) available at 7 Kids to be eligible to win a gift certificate to the store! :o)

Although the theme is Anything Goes for participants, the DT added a twist to our contributions: Flowers! I took the opportunity to make a tag featuring a few beautiful Memory Box goodies.
I am making a set of coordinating nature-themed encouragement tags, the first of which I posted a few weeks ago. I began by using the Memory Box Honey Comb stencil over a patterned paper from the Wild Rose Studio Peach Blossom collection. Previously I made a warm sunset background of oranges through the stencil. For this version, I used Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass to mimic the sky, Scattered Straw for a touch of sunshine, and created a grassy base. I didn't have a proper green for the bottom, so I combined the blue and yellow to make a light shade.
In my first tag, my scene was creating with a nature stamp. This time, I created a floral scene with three sets of Memory Box dies! I used the Small Olive Branch for my greenery and Adorable Posies and Fairy Flower Drops for my flowers. Although difficult to capture with a camera, the flowers are covered in gorgeous sheer sparkle from a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush marker.
Products from the 7 Kids College Fund Store:


Hop on over to the Challenge Blog to see the inspiring creations from my teamies! You have two weeks to link up, so I hope you'll play along with us! Have a blessed day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment