Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Bit of Stenciling and Stamping Fun!

Hello, everyone! It's Karen here with a new little project to share!

I recently have become interested in stencils and previously shared how excited I was that Memory Box came out with them this year! I have much bigger visions for this crafty technique, but today I have a simple tag to coordinate with a card I will soon be making. Another dabble! :o)
I love honey comb patterns, so this Memory Box Honey Comb Stencil was a must-have for me! I began by cutting out my tag with a delightful design from the NEW Wild Rose Studio Peach Blossom Paper Pad. (There are lovely patterns in that collection!) I chose a soft peach to coordinate with the warm summery tones I knew I'd be using.

After using washi tape to secure the stencil over the tag, I used my Ink Blending Tool to blend in warm shades of Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, and Spiced Marmalade. The primary portion of my nature scene is from my favorite nature silhouette stamp: Crafty Individuals Wild Flowers and Butterflies.

An angled view to show the beautiful clear shimmer I added to the stamping, courtesy of the amazing Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush:
Products from the 7 Kids College Fund Store:


A week remains in our current Anything Goes challenge at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog, so I hope you'll join us! Have a blessed day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment