Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stenciling with Memory Box!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's Karen here to share a new card with you showcasing some new and older Memory Box goodies.

One of the surprises from January's CHA was Memory Box releasing stencils. I was ecstatic! Although I had never used one, I admired the beauty they create and their endless opportunities for color and layering. Since I love Memory Box, I chose one of their new releases to dabble into the world of stenciling. :o)

One of the many wonderful options is this gorgeous Birch Trees Stencil:
I confess I was a wee bit nervous when I began! That all proved silly, as in only a few minutes I had a beautiful twilight background surrounding the birch trees. I taped down the corners to prevent movement and was delighted with my baby step into stenciling. Three shades of Tim Holtz distress inks where used for my sky, beginning with the lightest: Broken China, Tumbled Glass, and Faded Jeans.
The stencils are fantastic in quality and design, providing a blank canvas with which to decorate. Many designs can even stand on their own. For this project, I created a little winter scene. The biggest (and layered) snowflake in the right corner is from the Memory Box Precious Snowflakes set. The sweet Deer Trio is also from Memory Box, which I popped up with foam tape for dimension. Star Dust accents the snowflakes and snowy landscape.
Products from 7 Kids College Fund Store:


A week remains in our current challenge at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog, so I hope you'll join the fun! We look forward to seeing your creations. :o) Have a blessed day!

2 comments: