Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spring-Inspired Home Decor Item

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's Karen here to share a little home decor piece. With the abundance of cold, snow, and ice, I thought it would be fun to make a Spring-inspired project. I used a few dies from the 7 Kids Store to create my warm-weather scene. (I apologize for the poor lighting! I had trouble properly capturing this one.)
While I've made several projects with Spellbinders bases, this is my first time using a Marianne Design die for that purpose. Anja's Vintage Decoration worked beautifully! Because the die is open-ended, I was able to make the base my preferred width. The embossed areas are sponged with Victorian Velvet distress ink to bring out their beauty.

I used a couple of fun dies in my basket, as well. The tallest flowers are Memory Box Fairy Flower Drops, which are lovely. I adhered them to Memory Box Small Olive Branches. This currently stands on a shelf, but can easily be turned into an open wall hanging or simply framed, as desired. :o)
Products from 7 Kids College Fund Store:


A week remains in our current Anything Goes challenge at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog, so I hope you'll join us! We love seeing your creations. :o) Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment