Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Festive Beauty with Marianne Design and Memory Box!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's Karen here to share my card for the new 7 Kids Challenge that begins today! The theme is Anything Goes, but be sure to use products carried by 7 Kids to be eligible to win a generous gift certificate to the store! :o)

The Design Team added a twist to our contributions this week, which is to use die cuts! 7 Kids offers so many beautiful metal dies. I decided to feature one of my all-time favorite sets in a small wall hanging: Petra's Heart by Marianne Design.
If you look closely, you'll see I sprinkled in some gorgeous Memory Box Precious Snowflakes. They are nestled beneath all of the roses.
While it is fun to add tons of layers in creations, one of the beautiful things about metal dies like this is that they can shine on their own. To showcase the exquisite embossing, I inked them with Tim Holtz Barn Door distress ink.
I also used Barn Door to make my white flowers two-tone and covered my snowflakes in Star Dust for a wintry twinkle.

You have two weeks to play along with us at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog, so I hope you'll join us! We love seeing your inspiring creations. :o) Have a blessed day!

Products from 7 Kids College Fund Store:



No comments:

Post a Comment