Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's Tag Featuring Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's Karen here to start a new challenge at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog! The theme is Anything Goes, so join in with whatever your heart desires! Be sure to use products carried by 7 Kids to be entered to win a generous gift certificate to the store! :o)

For this challenge, I decided to create something different for me... a tag! It's a beautiful avenue to showcase lovely paper, such as Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments.
I think it's important in a crafty journey to step outside of your comfort zone sometimes, and this was the case for me! I adore tags but struggle with them. I drew inspiration from the paper pad itself, with the sweet designs and gorgeous postage stamps guiding me.

I used both sides of a whimsically elegant paper from the collection to create a 3D heart, being careful to let two butterflies show from the front. For the arrow, I used the versatile Marianne Design Anja's Vintage Ornaments 2 metal die set. I've used this die for hinges, tabs, and now an elegant arrow. It is sponged with Victorian Velvet distress ink and adorned with pearls.

A tiny bit closer peek, where the softer hues are much more accurate:
Products from 7 Kids College Fund Store:


You have two weeks to play along with us, so I hope you'll share your creations at the Challenge Blog! We love visiting you! Have a blessed and sparkly day. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment