Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Typography by Graphic 45

I knew right away what I wanted to do on this tag when I looked through my Typography (Graphic 45) 8x8 paper pad. One of the pages is full of several different images and sentiments.



 I picked this one because I just loved what it said...Keep your face to the sunshine! Isn't that a great quote to live by??? So I cut it out, distressed and inked the edges,  and then made it the focal point of my tag.
 I took a piece of a cardboard box, tore it, gessoed it, and then colored it with some Faber-Castell Gelato crayons. I love Gelatos, because of their colors and all the different techniques you can use with them.
I used embossing paste and stenciled the background of the tag. I used the Graduated Diamonds (MFT) and the Fleur de Lis (MFT) stencils. After the paste dried, I colored the raised areas with the gelato crayons mixed with water! Pretty cool, huh?
I added some gears, flowers, die cut leaves, lace and ribbon to complete the look.

I hope you will join us with our new Anything Goes Challenge starting tomorrow!!
You may be chosen as one of the Top Three and if you use an image from the 7Kids store, you will be eligible to win a gift certificate to the 7Kids store!

Items that are available in the 7Kids College Fund Store are listed below:

Inks: Peeled PaintBlack SootTea Dye (Ranger Distress Inks)
               Ink Spray-Postbox Red (Dylusions)
               Gears Mechanical (Prima)

                     

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment