Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sweet and Sunshiny Sympathy Card

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's Karen here to share a new creation using one of my favorite techniques: Shaped cards! One such avenue is by using Spellbinders metal dies. I love the innate elegance that comes with a fancy card base. :o)

This certainly isn't a typical sympathy card, but the little girl it honors was far from typical. For the shape, I turned to one of my favorite Spellbinders sets: Gold Labels 4.
 
After making my card base, I cut an additional layer to create a frame. I used a coordinating Spellbinders Labels 4 die to cut and emboss my frame within the Gold Labels 4 die cut. With my cardstock in both dies, I sponged Tim Holtz Scattered Straw distress ink over the embossed area for a warm, sunshiny glow.

The beautiful patterned papers are from Graphic 45's Secret Garden collection. The cupcake is my newest purchase and I just love it! I cut the CottageCutz Sweet Filigree Cupcake a few times with various papers and adorned it with pearls. It is tucked within a lace pocket and can be removed to reveal a note of encouragement on the back.
For the interior, I layered two Labels 4 dies to hold my message. They are sponged in Walnut Stain and Scattered Straw distress inks for extra color and dimension. 
Supplies from 7 Kids College Fund Store:

There is still a week remaining to enter our current Anything Goes challenge at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog, so I hope you'll join in the fun! :o) Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment