Friday, July 26, 2013

Watercolor With Gelatos

Happy summer day to everyone!!  
Today I watercolored onto a tag with gelatos.  It was very easy and fun to do.

Here is my tag

I made my tag with water color paper and the Tim Holtz alterations tag die.  I smeared gelatos onto a plastic sheet, wet the colors and applied them with a brush to my water color paper. Using Tim Holtz's  Urban Chic stamp and a Versamark ink pad I stamped my images. Then I poured on black embossing powder and heated it with my heat tool to get the glossy hard finish.  I went over the bird and vine area again with more wet gelatos.  On the edges I stamped Prima's Lyric stamp with Versamark and sprinkled shabby green embossing powder onto it and heated it from underneath with my heat tool.
At the top of the tag I used seam binding ribbons and also a key charm that I embossed with aged rose embossing powder.  I hope you enjoyed my tag and feel inspired to try water coloring with gelatos.

Have a great day!
Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment