Monday, May 13, 2013

The Journey is the Start of the Adventure!

  Good Monday morning everyone! It's Rosie here to share the project I made for the "Anything But a Card" Challenge currently on over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog! Now be sure to use an image that 7 Kids College Fund carries in the store in order to qualify for the $20 Gift Certificate drawing!! :)
My little boy's school celebrated Teacher Appreciation last week. He has an amazing teacher so I wanted to try and do something for her every day last week. Her classroom is decorated with an ocean theme so I thought this little Nautical Canvas would fit perfectly in her classroom.
I made the scene using the DoCrafts Nautical Build-A-Scene Die set. There are lots of amazing shapes to create an awesome sea/ocean scene! I love the whale!! I colored the background on the canvas by squirting Copic Colorless Blending Solution all over, and then adding drops of Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinkers (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather, Squeezed Lemonade, & Festive Berries) on top and sponging the color around with a cotton ball.
My dps are from Authentique Peaceful 6x6 paper pad. I distressed the edges of the dps and the quote with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I raised the sails of the boat on pop-dots for added dimension.
 
I hope to see you playing along with us! We love seeing all your wonderful creations!! Don't forget to qualify for the prize you have to use an image from 7 Kids College Fund!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

1 comment: