Friday, May 24, 2013

Shabby Chic Altered Canvas

Welcome to another great challenge over at 7 Kids College Fund. This week is embellishments.

So get out you embellishments and create a card or a project. I created an altered canvas. It took me quite awhile to see how I wanted it laid out. I painted the canvas with acrylic paint after it was dry I stenciled the bird cage, the leaves and tree branch and the honey comb design. I used Viva Decor modeling cream after it was dry I used alcohol ink to add color to my design. I stamped the two butterflies and used fran tage on the two other butterflies. The fran tage was used on the tag and inside the picture frame. The ribbon is recycled from a box of candy. To complete my canvas I used bling, flowers, feathers, frilly trim and a wooden bird. The flower in the bottom right I used Viva Decor Inka Gold. The product is great. You get a beautiful color with a little shimmer. I hope I inspired  you today.


Here is a collage with some close up photos



Melissa Frances - Dorchester KeyholesBlossom Resin EmbellishmentEdwardian Frame
Cryogen Paper
Liquid Scrap Dots
Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Viva Decor - Inka Gold - Steel BlueGreen/Yellow, Old SilverSilver
Stampendous Frantage - Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel
Jet Black Archival Ink
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Applicator and Replacement Felt

No comments:

Post a Comment